Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pictureless progress

All things considered, this was a decent week, but there were no good photo opportunities. I was able to figure out what was wrong with my kickdown cabling from the last post. It turns out I was trying to use the existing nut rather than the special new one that came with a spacer attached. Swapping that out made everything work very well. It is still in mock up mode though, for now.

I spent a great deal of time this week on the computer, researching more stuff I am going to need to do and to buy. I have figured out what I need to do for the gauges to work, and what I want to get for the water outlet and thermostat. I also still need to buy the shifter and driveshaft. I was able to take the measurements that I need in order to supply the people who will eventually make the shaft. I did have a slight problem with one measurement, since I did not know what a U-joint cap diameter was. I posted a question on the Hurricane owner forum and got the answers I needed within a day, so I should be able to get one made now. Hopefully, this week.

No comments: