Saturday, March 27, 2010

2 great things happened this week

#1 - I got my Passat back after about 6 weeks of being without a car. Well, I did have access to my mom's RAV4, so I did survive.

#2 - Since I did not have to pay the $7000 for a new engine, I decided to rescue a little guy named Dan. (My friend Greg rescued his brother Stan).




Since he is only 1 year old (or thereabouts) right now, he may actually live long enough to see the Cobra get finished. He is an excellent car dog. Any ideas about a new name? He doesn't answer to Dan. Perhaps Volkswagen? Fahrvergnungen?

3 comments:

Alex said...

You got a dog?!?!?!??!! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Charlie,

Long time no see. This is Kevin in Indianapolis - good friend of Elaine and Jerry and your mom who told me about this blog. Your project car is very nice. I am glad that you are getting to do this. My own projects are scaled down to something much smaller - motorcycles. I had the opportunity to both work on a 289 Cobra and take a ride at the now defunct Mid-America Raceway (Wentzville) in a full race Cobra back in 1977. These kit cars are better than the originals in many ways. By the way, thumbs up for the driveshaft catcher since you will sit right next to it. Please get a scatter shield for the bell housing too.

gmoose2 said...

Hi Kevin! Thanks for the note and advice. I still remember the thrill of my test-ride when I first visited the factory.