Monday, April 28, 2008

Working on the car again

I am working on the car again, although I am not 100%. We'll just have to see how it goes.

So today, I decided to finish up rustproofing the ring and pinion on the rear end that I had put on about a month ago. This time, I remembered to use the Metal Ready stuff to prepare the steel for the rustproofing POR15 paint. Then I went to get the remaining POR15 only to find that it was as hard as granite. In the last month or so of inactivity, it had set up in the can and no longer usable. So I had to quickly wash off all of the rust-starter that I had just applied. Doh!

Next, I did finally install the rear axle housing vent tube that had not been shipped with my original kit but came a little while ago. I also did receive the windshield wiper assembly, so now I am just waiting on the panhard bar as my last back-ordered item.

The final bit of news is that Hurricane Motorsports has indeed been sold and will stay in business. In fact, the new owner is going to keep both options available for the time being, turnkeys and complete kits. In fact, at least for a while, he is keeping the same prices. This is very good news in that the Hurricane brand will continue and that more new builders will be joining in the fun. This means more guys will be available on the forums with answers to the dumb questions I will be coming up with.

No comments: